Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeries
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgery (MIS) that aims to minimize surgical complications caused by open surgeries and its postoperative recovery time. It is performed using a tool called an endoscope, a long and thin probe that can be inserted inside the body through any orifices or keyhole-sized skin incisions.
This tool has a tiny high-resolution camera and flashlight at the front-end that enables a live video feed of the internal regions to be treated. The surgeon is then able to use thin MIS tools to treat a part without damaging the adjacent soft tissues.
Robotic surgeries are by far the most advanced MIS techniques where the entire surgery is performed by robotic arms controlled by an expert surgeon. The robotic arms are connected with specialized surgery tools that operate with high accuracy through a monitor console. The console offers a magnified 3D view of the surgical site, while a technically adept team may assist the surgeon with peripheral tasks.
The advancement equipment of robotic surgery allows trained surgeons to perform delicate and complex procedures that would otherwise difficult or impossible with better precision, flexibility, and control.
The surgeon may also perform complex open surgeries with the help of robotic tools, which is known as robot-assisted surgery. It can be performed through the smallest of incisions and require much less time than open or even laparoscopic surgeries.
Benefits Of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeries
Due to their less invasive and high accuracy nature, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries offer the following advantages over open surgeries:
- They offer clear visibility of the operation site, which automatically improves the surgeon’s accuracy.
- They cause tolerable postoperative pain, which less powerful analgesics can manage.
- The small incisions reduce blood loss significantly, minimizing dependency on blood transfusion and any fatal risks.
- Since the organs aren’t physically exposed, the risks of infections are negligible.
- The patient isn’t to stay at the hospital for long and recovers from the surgery easily and promptly.
- Its small wound scars can be skillfully hidden under clothing and skin folds, maintaining the aesthetic appearance.
MIS Techniques At Deccan Clinic
Our surgeons in Pune utilize the latest of these MIS technologies to perform the following Laparoscopic or Robotic surgeries:
- Esophagectomy – surgery to remove part or all of the esophagus
- Rectal Surgery – surgery to treat the colon (large intestine) and rectum
- Splenectomy – surgery to remove the spleen
- Nephrectomy – surgery to remove all or part of your kidney
- Adrenalectomy – surgery to remove the adrenal gland
- Hysterectomy – surgery to remove the uterus
- Prostatectomy – surgery to remove a cancerous prostate
However, the surgeon considers and examines several of your medical and health factors to decide if you are a good candidate for this surgery. Hence, you must consult one of our surgeons in Pune to know if these techniques can benefit you.