Haemorrhoids: Symptoms, Causes, And How to Prevent It?
Haemorrhoids, commonly known as piles, are swollen veins located around the anus or in the lower rectum. Similar to varicose veins, haemorrhoids develop inside the rectum or under the skin around the anus. It can cause pain, severe itching, and trouble sitting. The good news is – it is curable.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
- Severe itching around the anus
- Irritation and pain around the anus
- Swelling or painful lump near the anus
- Faecal leakage
- Painful bowel movements
Haemorrhoids can be external or internal. Where internal haemorrhoids occur inside the anus or rectum, the external haemorrhoids occur outside of the anus. Visit Deccan Clinic to get a professional piles treatment in Pune. If not treated on time, Hemorrhoids can cause severe risks such as straining during any physical activity, blood clotting, and anaemia.
What causes Hemorrhoids?
Although experts are not sure what causes Hemorrhoids, our piles’ surgeon in Pune suggest the following possible factors:
- Straining during bowel movement
- Chronic constipation and complications associated with it
- Sitting for a prolonged period, especially on the toilet seat
- Family history
- Having anal intercourse
- Low-fibre diet
- Regular heavy lifting
How to Prevent Hemorrhoids?
Firstly, visit the best clinic for Hemorrhoids treatment in Pune or anywhere around the globe. We, at Deccan Clinic, has the most advanced infrastructure and certified surgeons with a history of delivering successful haemorrhoid treatment. However, medicines alone cannot succeed in offering the best recovery. Here are a few things you need to follow to prevent Hemorrhoids:
- Eat high-fibre foods such as fresh fruit, vegetables, and whole grains
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking six to eight glasses of water will help you keep the stools soft and painless bowel movement.
- Add 20-30 grams of fibre supplements in your diet, every day. It will improve the overall symptoms and bleeding due to haemorrhoids.
- As soon as you feel the urge for a bowel movement, go to the washroom immediately.
- Exercise daily. Stay active and avoid long periods of standing and sitting.
- Avoid sitting on the toilet for too long as it increases the pressure on the veins around your anus.
To know more on Hemorrhoids and cost of piles treatment at Deccan Clinic, call us today and book an appointment to get an active and faster recovery from piles.