The gallbladder is a small organ attached to the liver. It stores bile juice that is synthesized in the liver, for aiding digestion. Bile also carries waste material such as cholesterol and bilirubin, which is formed when red blood cells break down. When these waste products coagulate, they form gallstones. Hence, gallstones are pieces of solid materials formed in the gallbladder.
Some of the symptoms include:
You must consult a gallbladder specialist in Pune if the symptoms given below persist.
The gall stones may be caused due to:
- Too much cholesterol in bile– The bile dissolves Cholesterol at a certain rate. When there is too much cholesterol accumulation, it remains undissolved and forms stones.
- Too much bilirubin in bile– Some medical conditions such as blood infection, cirrhosis, and blood-related disorder may trigger bilirubin levels to rise.
- The bile juice in gall bladder is highly concentrated. Hence, the gall bladder cannot completely empty itself and some residue of bile is always left.
Apart from physical examination, the doctor may also ask for the following tests for gall bladder treatment in Pune:
- Blood test
- Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) sos
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography sos
Symptomatic gall stones require removal of the gall bladder by laparoscopic or open method.